Sunday, August 10, 2008

handsome Samson and our garden

Samson looked so handsome today that I had to take some pictures and post them. We bought this sweater vest for him for the fall but I just couldn't wait. It's a little big on him and it was in the high 90s today but he still pulled it off.
Sam is getting so big. He'll be 11 months old in just 3 days. I can't believe it. It has gone by so fast but I have really loved watching him grow and learn new things.
Today I went to the backyard to check if anything was ready to harvest from our garden. I was happy to find zucchini, squash, over 20 jalapenos, a bell pepper, a handful of green beans, and several tomatoes. This was our first year trying a garden and it has been so great. I love gardening and especially love cooking with fresh vegetables.

Our garden. Herbs in the front (basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, cilantro, and dill). Then squash, zucchini and cantaloupe. A variety of different tomatoes and peppers and then green beans in the back row.

4 comments:

camie said...

that is one good lookin' garden, and even a cuter baby. hope we get to try some amazing looking vegetables this weekend...

Becca Jane said...

Allison, I just saw on Camie's blog that you graduated, CONGRATS! That's such a great accomplishment! Sam is cuter than EVER, and your garden looks great! Sounds like life couldn't be going better for you guys!

Abraham and Sara said...

Congratulations ongraduating Allison! I saw pictures on Nate and Camie's blog. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be done? I love it. I also think you have a beautiful garden. I think if Abraham saw it, he would be quite envious. Its lovely!

Annie Ruden said...

YAY! Andrew gets to meet his cousin Samsom the Handsome! Can't wait for you trip here!